• 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 foro ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 tema ⏎
Regístrate Regístrate Identifícate Identifícate
ADSL/VDSL

Actually I was optimistic......

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

So
for my phone number no DSL is possible (for Telefonica and for other ISPs who resell Telefonica lines), no cable connection is possible (Euskatel do not want to come here, they are busy for mobile market now), I see satellite depends on Telefonica as well (for upload) or it is too expensive (maybe some of you knows a way to get money for that). 3G Vodafone do not cover my area as well......Yoigo and Orange even worst! LOL!!!!

Telefonica offered me dial-up!

So Dial-up is my only chance!!! I have friends still using dial-up.....they live in Pretoria, but they can also use ISDN. We use to play WOW together and they were shit (I guess lag was their main problem), but now I will be shit as well!!!

The only thing is that I remember we could play like 5 hours without them getting disconnected. Here with Telefonica I get disconnected every hour, then for 1 hour I can not connect again and so on.....

I'm paying like 11 euros per month the first 3 months then I will start to pay 22 euros per month (flat rate) to use a technology that is more or less 6 years old and do not work well either.....

I was optimistic .....the situation is even worst......than my friends in Pretoria

Este tema está cerrado a nuevas respuestas. Abre un nuevo tema para retomar la conversación.
isidro1915

the DSL is a service that it does not cover 100% of the spanish territory.

if you live more than 3 kilometers of the node Telefónica is probable don´t install you a DSL connection because the signal is bad. also is possible that in your node the DSL tecnology is not disponible.

The ISDN connection in spain is not popular and in many nodes (include in the principal cities) is not disponible.

in your situation the best solution is a 3G (or GPRS) connection of Movistar, celular phone provider what cover 90% of the spanish territory

____ NOW IN SPANISH______

El ADSL es un servicio que no cubre el 100% del territorio español.

Si vives a mas de 3 kilometros de la central es probable que Telefónica no te instale el ADSL porque la señal es mala. Tambien es posible que simplemente no tengas cobertura

la RDSI es una conexion poco popular en españa y en muchas centrales (incluso en las principales ciudades) no esta disponible

en tu situacion la mejor solucion es el 3G (o el GPRS) de movistar, operador movil que cubre el 90% del territorio español

🗨️ 10
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

I noticed that DSL is not covering 100% of your territory, is not covering even 100% of my house. The neighbour in front of me is served by DSL of Telefonica and I can not.....

GPRS is more or less the same speed of Dial-up connection. In my area (and I wrote that) 3G from Vodafone and Yoigo and or Movistar is not available. Only GPRS which has the same speed as a dial up for 14 euros more than I'm paying forr dial up

Anyway at least dial-up can work better or it is too much to ask to pay a flat rate to have a good service?

Anyway I'm not in the middle of nothing, I'm 3 Km away from two big villages and in a small village myself. Moreover I'm supposed to be in the area of Bilbao! I'm not in the Grand canyon....and I repeat that even in the Grand canyon the dial up is working better!!!!!

Cheers again!

🗨️ 4
POC

Si sabes escribir y hablar español, por qué lo haces en inglés?

están locos estos guiris

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Maybe because I do not know to write and talk spanish?

I can understand a bit actually....

isidro1915

if you neighbour have DSL coverage you have DSL coverage too. is very probable that you and your neighbour connect to the same node.

is probable that Telefónica have a fail in the database of coverage because is not normal that your neighbour have coverage and you don´t have coverage.

call to the 1004 and explains the situation

PD. ¿your number is of the Telefónica range (9xxxxxxxx) or is of the Euskaltel range (8xxxxxxxx)?

________NOW IN SPANISH________

si tu vecino tiene cobertura adsl tu tambien la debes de tener. es muy probable que tanto tu como tu vecino pertenezcais al mismo nodo

es probable que telefónica tenga algin fallo en su base de datos de cobertura porque no es normal que tu vecino tenga cobertura y tu no

llama al 1004 y explica la situación

PD. ¿tu numero pertenece al arco de telefónica o al de euskaltel?

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

I will try! My neighbour (based on Telefonica web tool) can not have DSL. Anyway I talk to them today and they have mini DSL from Telefonica

Anyway no way to get Telefonica check since all the people from 1004 keep looking at the software and telling me that my area is not covered....

BTW the house in front of me is covered as well!!!

LOL

Telefonica is really s...

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Si a los demas usuarios se les pide q tienen q escibir la traduccion al español cuando escriben en algun otro idioma ¿porq a este no? no lo veo correcto, asi q por favor que se le exija al igual q a todos, y sino sabe hablar español q se vaya a un foro ingleso use un traductor.

Un saludo

🗨️ 4
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

When you will move to another country you will connect to a spanish forum?

I LOLed that much at this one......maybe it is time to start speaking another language to help your guests? If not I can move to an english forum, but I do not think english people will know that much about DSL situation in Spain

Anyway I guess we are in the 2008, Europe came and now we should at least try to understand each other. Once again if not english choose within Italian, French or German

🗨️ 3
yulnet

Ya que entiendes el castellano, escribe en el, y sino molestate en usar un traductor en linea que hay muchos, y ya que como dices que estamos en europa aprende tu español, y antes de ir a un pais uno por lo menos debe de conocer lo basico de su idioma, sino mal va.

Un saludo

🗨️ 2
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
usuario-eliminado

hey, you wrote more or less the same question on yesterday, now what's the problem?

🗨️ 16
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

I was complaining about the bad and expansive dial-up service!!! (22 euros per month for a technology that is far from new and efficient is too much) 10 euros per month will be enough

Yesterday I did not know about the dial-up service since I did not have one!

Anyway Telefonica is really shit!! 1004 is not helping anyway and Euskatel doesn't cover my area as I said already!!!

Cheers

🗨️ 15
Frankie2004

With dial-up, you must deactivate incoming calls. When you have an icoming call, a signal sounds. That signal is strong enough to disturb V.90 connections, although it should pass V.92 ones. However, Telefonica may disconnect you every hour on purpose, for you not to connect full time, even if you pay.

🗨️ 14
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

It was not a problem of incoming calls, it was a probelm of PPP server down 1 hour yes and 1 hour up.......I'm paying like people having DSL, connected with a slow dial up and I should be disconnected for Telefonica purposes? You do not have an association of customers for complains here?

Cheers

🗨️ 13
Frankie2004
🗨️ 12
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
🗨️ 10
Frankie2004
🗨️ 1
BocaDePez