• 🔍 en 📰 artículos ⏎
  • 🔍 en 💬 foros ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 foro ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 tema ⏎
Regístrate Regístrate Identifícate Identifícate

WAG54G2 Brick, help to unbrick Darkdeed Please :(

vukits

as seen here

Hard set your PC to the IP address of 192.168.1.2, with a gateway of 192.168.1.1, netmask of 255.255.255.0

From there the unit will either boot up into a firmware or it will return with the power LED being red again. In the case of the latter, make sure you have the 1.01.25 firmware handy (or whatever version works well for you) then cd to the directory you have the firmware bin file and type the following:

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT C:\where\you\put\firmware.bin

Let it upload, this will complete after about 10 - 20 seconds. From here, the unit will decompress the bin file and set things right. This can take a couple of minutes. DO NOT POWER CYCLE THE UNIT whilst this is happening. Give it up to 10 minutes before assuming things have gone wrong. Once it's done, the unit will reboot, and will then boot normally into the new firmware. Depending on how well you destroyed things (like me) you may find you are completely back to factory defaults, or then again you may also find that your settings from before you had messed things up are back and you are immediately ready to rock and roll.

In the case that it boots into your OpenWRT firmware or something else, the above tftp command should be initiated during the first five (5) seconds of the unit booting up. If you start the tftp after this first 5 seconds you'll miss the boat and have to start again.

🗨️ 7
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

cant use TFTP and where can i download the firmware.BIN, i only have img file here. :(

🗨️ 5
lbluel11

thanks ill try it too.

lbluel11

sir mine was WAG54G2 not WRT :( and if you PUT it as a .bin you cant do that because it's still img so i put it like this PUT firmware.bin.img but still cant.

"RECOVER TO ACCESS MODE IS LIGHTING DEVE ROUTER WITH RESET BUTTON PRESSED ON 3 A BONE 4S press the reset button and plug it THEN CURRENT.

Before you must configure the LAN adapter properties to the following:
IP: 192.168.1.10
MASK: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
1 Connect the LAN cable to the LAN port No.4
2nd RmDrv.exe Run
Run UpgradeWizard.exe 3rd
4th following press Select your lan network adapter and give the button next
5 º will show your router's identity without passing it see this and they're using this windows was tested with windows xp sp3
if your identity dispisitivo appears to give the next button, the firmware version will be displayed and you're going to be the last acutualizar linksys 1.00.16, next button again.
6 º This is the final step and should ensure not cut the power play lan cables etc.
7th Press UPGRADE if everything is OK and wait for the router 2m update and restart only if everything is ok and the program button appears close

THE RECOVER

(link roto)" This post is from another topic, from DarkDeed but now megaupload is unavailable site, i dont know now where can i download this netgear tool version please help.

🗨️ 2
vukits
🗨️ 1
lbluel11
lbluel11

same here, is there any other way?