• 🔍 en 📰 artículos ⏎
  • 🔍 en 💬 foros ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 foro ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 tema ⏎
Regístrate Regístrate Identifícate Identifícate

Microsoft wants $100 a year for Office

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Me sorprende que aún piensen en un modelo de negocio que en mi opinión ya ha acabado.

A mi sí que me sorprende esta frase :-O :-O :-O

🗨️ 2
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

A mi sí que me sorprende esta frase :-O :-O :-O

¡Hombre! ¿no conoces openoffice ?

Para la inmensa mayoría de usuarios es más que suficiente, incluso en cualquier empresa es una solución adecuada.

Después de ver como otros conceptos de software se hacen con parte mercado (Android, por ejemplo), me resulta sorprendente que M$ siga por esa línea, aunque tenga dinero en caja para estar 4 años sin vender nada.

En UK he estado trasteando con un Chromebook y lo cierto es que para la mayoría de usuarios es suficiente para un PC doméstico, y posiblemente para algunas organizaciones empresariales.

Al Chromebook ni siquiera es necesario instalarle una distribución de Linux para sacarle partido, pero va a ser (es ya) posible:

$250 Chromebook With Ubuntu Linux Is Very Fast - Slashdot

No sé si el modelo de negocio de M$ va a seguir siendo el mismo durante mucho tiempo, eso comento ;)

Y por lo que cuentas de W8 en PCs, en móviles y sus tablets... M$ no parece caballo ganador.

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Para todos los comentarios de abajo, si os hubierais informado os habríais enterado de que Office se puede seguir comprando como siempre se ha hecho (licencia para toda la vida).

microsoft.com/es-es/microsoft-365/buy/co…?rtc=1&tab=1

PD: Para los que dicen que prefieren Google Docs porque es gratis informarles que Office Web Apps también es gratis (Si comparamos cosas diferentes por no tener ni idea de lo que se lee pasa lo que pasa).

Alex B

A mi lo que me sorprende es que aún se utilice el outlook.... en mi empresa se utiliza y ya va siendo hora que lo jubilen, no tiene nada nuevo que cualquier portal-gestor-servidor de emails puede hacer. Además tiene muchísimas carencias... por ejemplo los filtros no se pueden aplicar en cascada, hay que hacer un invento(con preetiquetas de categorías) o añadir AND en los filtros....

🗨️ 6
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Hay empresas incluso peores: usan Lotus Notes :-O

🗨️ 2
quilloquepasa

Como por ejemplo la Agencia Tributaria, además de usar Windows Vista. 'Pa habernos matao'.

Saludos ;)

Alex B

Pues el Lotus Notes , me parece mas potente que el outlook, te permite hasta crear filtros personalizados!!!!! con variables y condiciones.

Sin embrago outlook ni eso... así que considera afortunado los que utilicen lotus...

vukits

Exchange es com una Cadena Perpetua :(

🗨️ 1
Alex B

Ya te digo!

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Tú no has probado office 2013...

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Yo sigo usando Office 2000 del MSN, que no necesita contraseñas ni activaciones ni nada, y realmente no he necesitado nunca nada de lo que posteriores Offices incorporasen.

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Aquí están las notas de prensa, son un disparate, copio sólo una parte, abajo lo de los precios:

(link roto)

Microsoft Office 365: A Big Year in Review

June 27, 2012

The cloud service turns one, launches Office 365 for education, wins new customers and expands global footprint.

REDMOND, Wash. - June 27, 2012 - One year ago in New York City, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled Office 365. Ballmer predicted that Office 365 would give businesses an edge, and that has been true for companies all over the globe.

(link roto)

"Office 365 is a hit with big and small companies alike," said Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Office Division. "I'm delighted to welcome Lowe's, Burger King, Japan Airlines and others that have chosen Office 365."

Now Students Can Get the Edge

Today, the benefits of Office 365 are available for free to students, teachers and faculty with the launch of Office 365 for education. Office 365 for education brings all the familiarity of Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote - and combines it with Microsoft Lync, SharePoint and Exchange to deliver a world-class solution for communication and collaboration.

With the release, leading schools and universities are picking Office 365 for education:

Dartmouth College. The unified communications and collaboration capabilities in Office 365 are helping improve secure and reliable collaboration across departments, institutions and global regions. The college will move about 13,500 faculty, student and staff mailboxes to the cloud.Cornell University. Cornell will begin onboarding approximately 7,000 faculty and staff to Office 365 in the fall of 2012, taking advantage of the cloud-based email and calendar support.Gonzaga University: By leveraging SharePoint Online and Lync Online, Gonzaga will be able to provide its Distant Learning Population with seamless access to its online resources portal and anytime collaboration tools. Office 365 will support 8,000 students and 1,200 faculty and staff.

These new customers come on the heels of recent announcements that the Catholic International Education Office , the Scottish government for education and the All India Council for Technical Education are committing to Office 365 for education. In total, these new customers demonstrate that over 12.5 million more students worldwide will now have Office 365 for education.

(link roto)

"This is a major leap forward," said Kurt DelBene, president of the Microsoft Office Division. "People's needs change rapidly, and Office 365 Home Premium will change with them."

Simultaneously, Microsoft today released Office 365 University for college or university students, faculty and staff at a price of just US$79.99 for a four-year subscription - the equivalent of US$1.67 per month. Globally, the company also released updated versions of the traditional Office suite: Office Home and Student 2013, Office Home and Business 2013 and Office Professional 2013. Office 365 for businesses will be released globally with new capabilities on Feb. 27.

Time to Do the Things You Want

In a recent global survey,* nearly 60 percent of people said they don't have the time to do the things they want to do, and more than 80 percent said they could save one or more hours a day if they were better organized. Office 365 Home Premium is designed to help people be more productive from virtually anywhere and find the flexibility to do the things they want.

(link roto)

"Between kids and career, I'm never completely at home or completely at work - and thanks to technology, that suits me just fine," said Jen Singer, an author, blogger and mom of two teen boys. "With Office 365 Home Premium, I can work around my kids' schedules, so I can drive the soccer carpool, coordinate errands while at a doctor's office and still hit my deadlines at work. And, with one subscription for everyone in my family, it's an absolute steal."

To help people find more time to do the things they want, Microsoft is introducing Time to 365 ((link roto)), a new crowd-sourced website where people can find and share tips, tricks, ideas and inspiration from around the world. Contributors include experts such as "techorating" pro Janna Robinson (jannarobinson.com) and everyday working parents who have found ways to simplify their lives. Tips on the site include, for example, an idea for organizing your grocery list with OneNote on your phone, a pointer on how to pick the right-sized TV for your living room, and ways to use Office applications to help plan a child's birthday party.

About Office 365 Home Premium

Office 365 Home Premium is available in 162 markets in 21 languages and includes the following:

• The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access

• One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and Office on Demand available from any Internet-connected PC**

• An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account

• 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world***

• Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology

People can learn more about Office 365 Home Premium or try it free for 30 days atoffice.com.

🗨️ 2
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

La nube... la maldita nube... solo diré una cosa: Google Docs es gratis.

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

No es gratis, trafican con la información que les entregas... pero bueno, puedes decir que te llamas Ami Martin :P

WiLZy

No creo que tenga futuro, dudo mucho que un usuario doméstico (hablan de un Office 365 Home) se plantee gastar $100 al año en una Suite ofimática, por mucho que puedas almacenar 27 gb en la nube. Como ya se ha dicho, Google Docs u OpenOffice son excelentes alternativas gratuitas.

Mi oferta es de $0 por año.

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Impresionante. Muchísimo más caro que cuando el Office era un programa que se instalaba en el ordenador y ya está. Van a conseguir que la gente odie la nube. O que abandonen el Office de Microsoft (más probable).

JoeDalton

Es la tendencia, cuando el modelo nube se agote, volveremos a los servicios on premise.

Primero te dan el caramelito para que lo pruebes, te acostumbran a ello y una vez creada la dependencia, es el momento de empezar a cobrar.