BandaAncha.eu

• 🔍 en 📰 artículos ⏎
  • 🔍 en 💬 foros ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 foro ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 tema ⏎
Regístrate Regístrate Identifícate Identifícate
ADSL/VDSL

DSL connection with no coverage from Telefonica! what to do?

micky74

Hola todos

I'm an Italian and I just arrived here

End of june I will be moving in my apartment (now I'm in a hotel), where I will have to live for 1 year at least. So the owners of the apartment gave me the telephone number they have from Telefonica. They have Telefonica line, but they make the phone calls though Tele2. They do not have DSL. Yesterday I checked on Telefonica and this number doesn't have any possibility for ADSL. The village is quite small, but I'm sure there is 1 hotel with Internet and checking by street two houses southern from mine have the possibility for DSL with telefonica as well. As usual I checked with other companies and all of them are saying that the phone number is covered by dsl and they propose 1 Mb and 3 Mb. Jazztel offers until 7 Mb for a high price (120 Euros per month) I guess no way for Euskatel since they do not cover my area and no way with Ono since Euskatel is here in Pais Vasco. I checked on this site (www.adslnet.es) and it seems to be some usuarios on Armintza (the small village) which seems quite near to the telephonic station as well. Do you think I can have DSL as well asking Telefonica or which are the steps you suggest??

Please I'm a mac user at home and I have to work with PC all day at work is so painful.......I need to use a bit my mac at least at home!

Cheers

Este tema está cerrado a nuevas respuestas. Abre un nuevo tema para retomar la conversación.
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Think about Yoigo ;)

Yoigo is a 3G mobile company and offers Internet connection. It is very useful and my girlfriend uses it because she has no DSL or cable connection.

The most of the Yoigo coverage is GPRS (very slow, 64 K), but at least you will be able to have a connection in your MAC ;)

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Hey every body

I checked one more with Pagina Blanca

I got some numbers from my street even farer from the central (I'm at 7 and I checked 13 and 15, I checked on google and on adsl.net they are farer from the central which is supposed to give us adsl). They do have the possibility to contract ADSL with Telefonica (I checked on telefonica page). Is that an error for my house? They are supposed to check the distance, but then number 13 and 15 should not contract DSL from them!!!!

I'm trying with Orange, but what to do if Orange tell me that Telefonica is bloking them (not happened already). Do you have any suggestion on who should I contact? Telefonica service is just "mierda" they do not tell anything to you and actually contracting with Telefonica I coould have spared some money! Should I contact one office in particular? What to do?

Cheers

Micky

micky74

No way to have a normal DSL connection? Am I in Africa ?
I would like to have DSL what should I do since I'm quite sure near there is a Fon user (so he should have DSL) and several spots there have 1 as well? I tried Vodafone but it is damn slow and have a limit for download, so it would be better to go with a dial up, don't you think?
So please no mobile connections, I'm not good for that and it is too expensive

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

So please no mobile connections, I'm not good for that and it is too expensive

Yoigo is not expensive (1,2 € per day, 36 € per month VAT not included) and there is no download limit ;)

micky74

Is like a Dial up then......I will take it in to account anyway, but I'm quite sure there is a download limit

Cheers

🗨️ 6
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

With Yoigo there is no limit ;)

1,2 € per day with no limit ;)

I have used it and my girlfriend everyday as well, so I'm sure there is no limit ;)

🗨️ 5
micky74

Ok Ok

There is no limit!!!!

I'm sure of that, but it is damn slow!

Cheers

🗨️ 4
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Disgraziatamente la Spagna per cose come questa e ancora il terzo mondo....non romperti la testa con questo tema. Prendi l'opzione più facile.

Te lo dico per esperienza.........

🗨️ 3
BocaDePez
BocaDePez
🗨️ 2
Lupastro
🗨️ 1
KirO
micky74

Quale sarebbe l' opzione piu' facile aspettare l' arrivo del Wi max che qui a giudicare arrivera' in 10 anni o? Ho provato Vodafone 3G e' peggio del modem dial up credo.....

🗨️ 1
Lupastro

Be....io ho la Movistar PCMCIA 3G-UMTS e funziona parecchio bene. Nel paesotto dei miei nonni, che non c'è UMTS (ma si GPRS) arriva a collegarsi a 128kbps (curioso già che teoricamente GPRS solo potrebbe andare fino ai 64 kbps.) e se mi avvicino un po a Huesca, che è a solo una decina di km ho rete 3G funzionando a 384kbps.

KirO

If Telefonica don't offer you ADSL, other providers do, and near the house there are ADSL connections, you have DSL coverage but you live far away of the phone's central, your line is very very old or bad, or that central is too small.

You have other alternatives like Yoigo (It's not like dialup, it's 3G) but they are new and I'm sure that dont cover your village, other good option is Vodafone HDSPA, for 40€/Month you have unlimited traffic, at 1Mbps, but after the first GB the speed goes down, I dont know the offers of movistar and orange but I guess that are similar, also you can try with LMDS providers or sign up in other ADSL provider (like acceso.ya.com/ or internet.orange.es/error or calling Telefónica for know what's the problem and if it have solution.

And you are in Europe, maybe we haven't good Internet connections but you haven't any education.

🗨️ 25
micky74

Guys You took it that bad!

I come from USA (like 2MB 5 years ago for 30USD), Italy (2MB 4 years ago for 45 Euros), Germany (20MB for 60 euros) and then here.......

After three days I still do not know if I can get the connection. If I call telefonica they say no, if I call Jazztel, Orange or whatever else they say yes..........is that normal for you?
If it is no it is no, if it should be yes then yes......
Yes we are in Europe.....ever tried to do not speak spanish too much and try to adress people here in any other language? Actually I can speak Italian, French, English. My girlfriend worked in Germany and she speaks german pretty well......
I do not know in your region, but here maybe 2% can understand english and when I talk italian (which by the way is so similar to spanish......I can understand you writing spanish, I do not see why u can not understand me writing Italian.....). I do not know guys is not that easy to get a spanish course as you arrive (u have other problems to solve.....flat to rent and other stupid paper) and burocracy with telefonica is not that easy for me....

So I BEG YOUR PARDON for what I said but it was mainly because no one can help me down and I started to get frustrated.......

Anyway
Cheers

Micky

🗨️ 24
badec

No way to have a normal DSL connection? Am I in Africa ?

I thunk you need some education ;)

🗨️ 23
micky74

Can u read the post before?

I just replied.....

I BEG YOUR PARDON!

Please read my posts!

Anyway if I need education, maybe you need a better customer service from time to time.........I will take some classes of education and self control and you will gimme a better customer service?

Cheers!

🗨️ 22
badec
🗨️ 21
micky74
🗨️ 20
badec
🗨️ 19
micky74
🗨️ 18
makarzur
🗨️ 6