• 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 foro ⏎
  • 🔍 en 👇 este 💬 tema ⏎
Regístrate Regístrate Identifícate Identifícate
ADSL

Algunas preguntas

BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Hola,
I have some questions regarding Vodafone ADSL Máxima Velocidad. I have not yet subscribed to this service and I'm currently researching this topic. Vodafone has coverage in my area so I consider it as a possibility.

1. Are the TCP ports open on this ADSL package, so that I could run a server (OpenVPN, Web, etc) behind the ADSL modem/router and incoming connections would not be blocked?
2. Do I get admin access to configure the router myself e.g. port forwarding? It seems to be possible: SOLUCION hg556a para sacar passwords admin y support Is this procedure still functioning?
3. Can I switch this ADSL modem/router to bridge mode, so that I could use my own gigabit Linksys E3000 WLAN router with this service?
WAN (Internet) - Vodafone ADSL Modem in bridge mode - Linksys E3000 connecting over PPPoE getting the external IP on the WAN interface - LAN/(WLAN)
This topic suggests that bridge mode is not possible, if I understand it correctly? Comprar nuevo Router

Os animo a responder en español, muchas gracias de antemano.

P.

Alex B

1. Are the TCP ports open on this ADSL package, so that I could run a server (OpenVPN, Web, etc) behind the ADSL modem/router and incoming connections would not be blocked?

Yes, this ADSL isn't proxied and the router have direct access to internet, you can use this ports without problems.

2. Do I get admin access to configure the router myself e.g. port forwarding? It seems to be possible: SOLUCION hg556a para sacar passwords admin y support Is this procedure still functioning?

If the router that you get has the B070 firmware version, this bug is patched, you can try to flash and older firmware like B060 and use this bug, but you have to disable the firmware autoupdate via admin and editing the backupsettings.conf

3. Can I switch this ADSL modem/router to bridge mode, so that I could use my own gigabit Linksys E3000 WLAN router with this service?

WAN (Internet) - Vodafone ADSL Modem in bridge mode - Linksys E3000 connecting over PPPoE getting the external IP on the WAN interface - LAN/(WLAN)

This topic suggests that bridge mode is not possible, if I understand it correctly? Comprar nuevo Router

This router have the bridge mode into wan zone of admin webpage, but it seems that didn't work i'm looking why because it doesn't bridge to any ethernet port, it could be by a problem with the virtual mapping port.

Anyway you can do a workaround that is assign fixed ip to wan interface of your router and add this ip to DMZ zone of huawei.

🗨️ 3
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Thanks a lot Alecuba16 for a comprehensive reply!

1. The ports are open - good.

2. Gettings the router with right firmware might be problematic? I think that they probably issue hardware with the latest firmware. Is the firmware downgrade possible? If I get the router with latest firmware and I don't get full admin access can I still configure the DMZ workaround that you describe in question 3?

3. Do I understand you right:
Vodafone ADSL Router ext: public dynamic IP
Vodafone ADSL Router int:192.168.0.1
Define 192.168.0.2 as DMZ host, disable dhcp, wifi, etc
My router ext: 192.168.0.2
My router int: 192.168.1.1
Are all incoming connections forwarded to my router external interface 192.168.0.2? So that I can forward them further to my "servers"?

Thanks again!
Cheers, P.

🗨️ 2
Alex B

1. The ports are open - good.

Yes.

2. Gettings the router with right firmware might be problematic? I think that they probably issue hardware with the latest firmware. Is the firmware downgrade possible? If I get the router with latest firmware and I don't get full admin access can I still configure the DMZ workaround that you describe in question 3?

Yes , you can set DMZ in the limited-enduser featured website that vodafone give access to you.

Downgrade is possible by doing a hardreset(connecting the power and pressing the reset hole by 20 seconds) and it will boot in firmware failure mode, then upload the firmware image that you wish.

Then use the bug and download de config edit to disable remote autoconfig of vodafone (TRC69 and SNMP) upload and they can't access and change things on your router.

3. Do I understand you right:

Vodafone ADSL Router ext: public dynamic IP <--- Yes public dyanmic IP, not shared or proxied

Vodafone ADSL Router int:192.168.0.1<--- It could be 192.168.0.1 but you can change.

Define 192.168.0.2 as DMZ host, disable dhcp, wifi, etc <--- Yes , all packages that not are in nat table must go to dmz, then also remove all nat/firewall table, you can disable firewall mode also in admin wan zone(If you need it).

My router ext: 192.168.0.2 <---Yes, and configure this as wan , not PPP interface only as switch or bridge without PPP.

My router int: 192.168.1.1

Are all incoming connections forwarded to my router external interface 192.168.0.2? So that I can forward them further to my "servers"?

------------------------------------------------------------

¿Why do you want to use your router with WAN?

Connect it as simple ethernet switch enter on your router config set gateway and dns server the vodafone router ip and disable firewall and nat in your router , enable on vodafone router .... it's easier your wifi-N-gigabit router will act as switch gigabit switch on ports that it can and Megabit switch on the port that goes to vodafone router and it will act as wifi to ethernet bridge too (if no configure a bridge virtual with wifi and ethernet on your linksys in mapping zone).

Sorry for my basic english

🗨️ 1
BocaDePez
BocaDePez

Hi, thanks again for such an informative answer! There is no need to appologise for you english, its perfectly fine. I wish I could acquire spanish at the same level.

¿Why do you want to use your router with WAN?

I have a TomatoUSB (tomatousb.org) by Victek (victek.is-a-geek.com) 3rd party firmware on my E3000, which allows me to use many nice features. In addition to the simultaneous 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi networks it offers nice traffic usage charts. I also configured MRTG style traffic graphs to run on it, so that I can monitor how much different devices on my LAN use the bandwidth. Also, I can monitor which websites are visited and what searches are done in search engines. This way I can keep an eye on what pages my child visits, etc. It also runs an OpenVPN server, so that I can connect to home network if I'm away. It also has QoS features, so that different traffic can be prioritised. This is why I want to use my router as a router and not just like a switch.

Anyway, with Vodafone there seem to be many obstacles, that I probably _can_ overcome, to get the configuration that I want working, thanks to the information that you gave me.

Do you know other ISPs that allow me to use their ADSL modem/router in bridge mode, and would have all the incoming connections open (ports open)? I know that Orange does not have coverage in my area. Movistar/Telefonica should have coverage. Others I have not yet checked.

Best regards,
P.